Monday, March 7, 2011

What is EDI?


Electronic Data Interchange- You are a publisher regardless of your size and you just received a letter from a major chain saying you now must receive orders through EDI. You think to yourself I can now automate order entry and invoicing. This is going to save me money.Then you find out the costs involved.
You see my friends this paperless society will put a dent in your bank account. When I looked into EDI for a company I worked for I discovered that EDI services are basically little to no cost for the retailer and supported almost completely by the publishers. Then you the publisher must buy hefty license fees for each vendor you wish to work with. Then every document you receive comes with a fee. The prices range from some EDI companies with high document fees and low license fees to the opposite. In the end you justify the expense because it is going to save you time, postage, and paper. Then you ask your software company that you operate with about helping you with bringing in the EDI documents.
" You need an EDI module", I was told, to the tune of over $20,000.I like trees but not that much. This doesn't have to happen to you. Yes EDI is going to cost you quite a bit for using an EDI mailbox but your software company doesn't have to hammer you with module fees for bringing in the data.
You need the iPUB Advantage. http://www.ipubtech.com/ or call 1-866-482-4408.Ext 701.

No comments:

Post a Comment